Crime Alert: Another Car Jacking


Recently I received an email (story has been confirmed) of another car-jacking in KL, this time at OUG Plaza. The owner of a silver Chevrolet Optra5 (i almost bought this baby) similar to the pic above with registration WQB3200 have this tale of woe:

Hi, my name is Fuankee, Ryan. On 16th March 2008 I was in my car (Silver Chevrolet Optra5, with the engine running, windows up, and doors locked) with a friend of mine parked right outside of Plaza OUG at 11pm when a champagne color Perodua Kelisa stop next to my car. A malay man with mustache walked out from the passenger side of the kelisa, probably aging around his late 20s walked up to my side of the car, knocked the window and asked for our IDs. I was fooled by his appearance as a plain coat police, as I personally did encounter with a few before, and winded down the window slightly, only a couple of inches down, but out of my expectation, he reached his right hand for my car lock's knob very swiftly, and within seconds,he had already opened my car door.

Out of nowhere, another guy came and pulled my key off the ignition. At the same time, another two guys (one indian, one malay) had already reached the passenger door, asking my friend (a girl) to get off the car as well. Calmly, she asked, "Where's your police ID or even a search warrant?" Instantly, he threatened to get her off by saying, "saya ada pistol,(i have a gun)" and pointed a gun at my friend. The fake policeman grabbed me by my arm, dragged me out of the car and pushed me against the car. I asked for his police ID as well, but he pulled out a 2ft length rusted 'parang' from his black jacket, threatening me by directing the 'parang' right at my face instead.

He forced me to get on the floor and body searched me for valuables. At that very moment, I had nothing with me as all my belongings as in wallet, watch and handphone were all inside the car. I was so close to believing that it would be my last night, afraid that they would get all angry, finding nothing valuable with me.

P.S, It's reported that robbers even force children to knock at your car windows and claim that they're lost. DO NOT wind your windows down to help them cos as soon as you do, these robbers will do the same like they did to me. Just report the lost kid to the police with your windows up.


Pleaes contact Fuankee at 012-2036109 if you sighted the Chevy.

1 comments:

Matchfingers says
14.4.08

This is bad.

Anyway thanks for the news. I shall be more alerti..