Care for some plastic coated snacks?


Read this and be warned. Malaysia boleh!

I have a funny feeling that some of our hawkers in JB are so fed up with Singaporeans increasing the prices of goods, that they have come up with this to poison our lovely neighbours.

Don't be too shocked if I tell you that some of our KL & Penang hawkers may be using plastic too, since the price of floor has gone up.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

4 Responses to "Care for some plastic coated snacks?"

Anonymous

I did a search on this few days ago. I'm too lazy to find the link again, but someone in Malaysia actually tried to do this (fry plastic in oil) and the bananas turned out with strong plastic smell, with small plastic bits and generally inedible. And, it didn't retain crispiness after an hour.

I think this is a myth.

Anonymous

Okay I found the link:

http://www.theborneopost.com/?p=27264

Yet another half truth published by Umno paper?

;)

Bengbeng says
26.3.08

aduh how to eat food in plastic?

Josh says
26.3.08

Thanks for the heads up from Borneo Post. But after reading it, its still not conclusive that its a myth as eye witness account shows that it is being practiced by some hawkers.