Chili Padi Stings Back



According to Malaysiakini, Fong Po Kuan aka Chili Padi has reversed her decision not to defend her seat. At a press conference in Ipoh today, Fong said she was ready to contest the seat which she has held for two terms.

Fong apologised to the Batu Gajah voters, supporters and the party for causing them 'disappointment and hurt'. "It was definitely a very painful decision (to withdraw). However, I felt very remorseful when I discovered how much a majority of the people cared for me and supported me. Indeed, the reflection of their immense support touched me deeply which brought about the thought that I must not fail them," she said. Fong said she realised that her decision to quit was not wise.
"Besides, this coming election is very crucial to all concerned Malaysians. I promise to remain to shoulder the responsibility to be at the frontline with all Malaysians for the benefit of many generations to come," she added.
She may be unwise, but she has the humility to come back - and hopefully to give BN the sting.

credits

2 Responses to "Chili Padi Stings Back"

Bengbeng says
22.2.08

I was diappointed in her when she withdrew at the last moment. I am so glad she has the humility to back down now.

multidimid says
22.2.08

Credit must be to the DAP leadership in convincing her how crucial it is to join back “Electoral Battle of the Century” as every seat counts to deny BN its cocky 2/3 Majority in Parliament. For the latest pics of the Press Conference
Go H E R E